About the title

In our home we want learning to be fun. We want to entertain our children first in order to get their attention. Once we have their attention, the learning can begin. School does not have to be boring. So our journey starts with Entertaining to Educate...

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Banana Bread in the Crockpot....

Ok, so I bought a bag of ripe bananas at the grocery store.  I really didn't want to heat up the house making banana bread so I was searching for recipes.  Lo, and behold I found a few for banana bread in the crockpot.  Weird, I know.  It was easy and was really quite yummy.  It was actually a little more moist than oven baked bread.

You just follow the recipe for your favorite banana bread.  You take out the insert (glass crock) for your crockpot.  Grease and flour the insert.  Turn your crockpot on high.  Mix the batter for the bread and then pour it into the greased and floured insert.  Place it in the crockpot and put the lid on tight.

No matter how tempted you are, do NOT open the lid for 2 hours.  After 2 hours has passed you can check it.  It may take up to 3 hours.  Mine took a little less than  2 1/2 hours.  It was very yummy.  The hardest part was flipping it out of the pan.  That crock is so heavy when it is hot and you are trying to flip an oval crock onto a round plate, but at last, I did succeed.


My library friends seemed to enjoy the bread and so did I.  I will definitely do this again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment